By Richard Manfredi on Nov 2, 2015 7:07:00 PM
Remember the days when your website simply housed basic information about your business, such as opening hours, contact details and locations? Those days are over.
Today, your customers want to engage with your business in person, over the phone, on your website, through social media and across mobile - be it your app, mobile site or through SMS. Not only that, the process needs to be seamless across all the different channels. We’re not just talking about making purchases or finding product information - an omni-channel approach covers all aspects of the consumer experience, including customer service and support.
Think about it like this, if you needed to communicate a special message or offer to your customers, you wouldn’t just choose one channel. You would spread your communications over a variety of channels including advertising, social media, email marketing and maybe even a letter in the post. Why should it be any different for customers trying to reach you? They need to be able to communicate their feedback or ask you their questions at a time that best suits them and through the channel that best suits them.
Not convinced that your business needs to adopt such an approach? Here are five facts about multi-channel customer engagement that will prove that it’s too big a trend for your business to ignore.
- Businesses that successfully employ a consistent cross-channel marketing strategy enjoy a 14.6% year-over-year increase in annual revenue and a 13% annual improvement in customer retention rates.*
- Omni-channel customers have a 30% higher lifetime value than those who shop using only one channel*.
- A poll of 7,000 people across seven countries revealed that 64% of customers expect to receive real-time customer support, regardless of the channel and 75% of customers will return to companies they deem to have good service.*
- 71% of in-store shoppers who use smartphones for online research say their device has become more important to their in-store experience.*
- Omni-channel communications campaigns are highly measurable, so you can find out which channels are the most efficient at reaching your customers and optimising your communication campaigns. Every dollar spent in tracking the output of your channels returns $13.*
So businesses who employ an omni-channel engagement have better customer relationships, higher lifetime value and generate more revenue, year on year!
If you’re looking at exploring ways to boost your omni-channel strategy, mGage’s Communicate Pro is the tool for you. Communicate Pro is a cloud-based application that makes it easy for your business to engage customers on mobile. It delivers interactions and monitors performance across multiple channels including; SMS, MMS, push notifications, voice, social messaging apps (OTT), and social media. To find out more or request a demo, click here.
2015: Omer Minkara: Customer Engagement: From Interactions to Relationships
Nucleus Research, Analytics Pays Back $13.01 for Every Dollar Spent, 2014
The information included herein is distributed for informational use only; it does not constitute legal advice and should not be taken as such. All clients are responsible for meeting legal requirements and other rules that apply to their messaging programs. Consultation with legal counsel is strongly recommended.